Senior Backend Engineer (Python)
Osper’s vision is to empower young people to be confident. We put this at the heart of everything we do and with that in mind we’re looking for positive, forward-thinking people who are keen to build an experience that can make a real difference to young people’s lives.
Currently, we help children manage over £2m of spend a month; a child receives money on Osper every 4 seconds across the UK; and over 87% of parents using Osper say their children are more confident with money thanks to Osper.
We are a small team, which means you will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the way we work as a team. You will be involved in all aspects of designing and deploying banking services for young kids, working in a truly agile and collaborative manner. Our backend software engineers are responsible for building the core of Osper, from identity verification to the APIs powering our mobile app.
You will work on all the tools used for debit card management, transaction processing, customer support, fraud detection, and more. The team has built a flexible platform allowing the integration of a variety of third-party services helping us release products and services in a quicker and more effective manner. We are a small team and we expect you'll have a big impact.
We need someone who will…
- Take responsibility for managing and mentoring less experienced engineers in an Agile environment
- Manage and improve our existing infrastructure
- Design and implement new product features
- Take personal responsibility for our service availability (we have an on-call rota)
- Maintain and improve our 90% test coverage
We need someone who has…
- Expert understanding of Python (we use Flask, and are migrating from Python 2 to Python 3)
- Experience with AWS, ideally with EC2, VPC, RDS, ECS
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience of RDBMS (we use Postgres)
- We will provide...
- An opportunity to work on something that will have a tangible impact on people’s lives
- A dynamic startup environment where you can have a dramatic impact on product, process, and culture
- Knowledge sharing with industry experts
- Competitive salary - £60,000 - £80,000